Friday, September 24, 2010

chess

i SUCK at chess. and every time i get my ass kicked at chess, i wonder "do i suck at chess because i suck at life? or do i suck at life because i suck at chess? are the two even related?" like, i wonder if it's that same part of the brain that needs work. like, if maybe i could get better at chess, i would naturally get better at life, because i would have exercised that "strategy and planning" part of my brain that right now is weak and useless. so then i think, yeah, i should keep practicing chess and build up that part of my brain. so then i play chess again and get my ass kicked again and remember that chess is nerdy and stupid and who wants to be good at chess anyway.

and then i remember that it's that attitude that makes me bad at life. and it's that attitude that makes me bad at chess. and so then i realize that i was right. i'm bad at chess because i'm bad at ... i mean i'm bad at life because. wait, what was the question?

i hate chess. i'm never playing chess again.

No comments: