Monday, October 12, 2009

i can't stop being awake

i'm awake. and i'm not happy about it.
yesterday at work, a customer commented on how i looked like i needed to go home and sleep for about 3 days. i agreed with her. that's how i felt. i have a cold, i haven't been sleeping well, and i hate my job (or hated yesterday at least). so i went to bed last night at 8:30pm, thinking i was doing something smart. then i had a dream that i was with my brothers and sisters at a grocery store, stocking up on food. i woke up at 2:18am really hungry and pissed off at my younger brother because he was being so annoying in the dream.
around 3:30, i was still awake, hungry, and pissed off at my brother. so i made some soup.

i almost ate cereal instead. but i was thinking that cereal is something you eat in the morning when you want to start your day. and soup is something you eat at night at the end of your day. so that somehow convinced me that the soup would help me get to sleep.
i didn't.
it's almost 5:30am now and i wish i were dead. i mean asleep.

3 comments:

Sk00zin Zee said...

I hate being sick. I had a really bad cold not long ago, and I had to sleep all proped up on pillows because I couldn't breathe. I was almost sitting up. Like an old person in one of those Craftmatic Automatic Beds they always used to have ads on TV for. Sexy.

Patrick! said...

at least you have feelings.

schoolpants said...

i always kind of wanted one of those beds when i was a kid. they seemed so perfect for watching tv.

now that i'm older and have had the experience of sleeping in several different reclining chairs, i know better. horizontal is the only way to go when it comes to sleeping.