Tuesday, October 27, 2009

retraction

schoolpants is issuing it's first ever retraction. well, it's not so much a retraction as a late birthday wish. you see, for certain friends, i wrote blog posts wishing them happy birthday on their birthdays, like scotto and sam harken harken, for example. but for others, i didn't write birthday posts. for example, my friend kienan had a birthday 2 weeks ago and i said nothing of it. and my "friend" molly had a birthday back on national clown day and i wrote about clowns instead. i put "friend" in quotation marks because i don't exactly think of her as a friend. i think of her more as just one of those people who WON'T fade away into my past. like, i've had a lot of great friends who have just sort of grown apart from me, who i haven't talked to in ages. but molly's one of those people who just keeps forcing her way back into my life one way or another.

anyway, she called me up on october 26th to complain about the august 1st post. that's how often she reads my blog. and she DEMANDED that i write her a birthday post. this is pretty typical molly behavior. and to people who don't know her, she probably sounds pretty awful. but i will defend her now: sure, she's loud and crass and bossy. sure, she doesn't cry during sad movies or listen to you while you're talking. and yeah, she makes fun of poor people and she's super racist. but she's also probably my favorite person in the world. i don't know why. maybe because i'm stupid. or maybe because she's pretty and smart and funny and sometimes gives me presents. also, we went to school together a way long time ago and we used to have SO MUCH FUN TOGETHER!
Happy Birthday, Stupid!

1 comment:

molly said...

JUSTICE! I accept this somewhat libelous retraction, despite the compliment hot dog surrounded by a crusty, stale insult bun.

Also the world should know that you posted about Clown Day, fully aware that it was my birthday, JUST to drive me bananas!!