Tuesday, May 5, 2009

cinco de mayo

today is cinco de mayo. for those of you who don't speak español (which is the spanish word for "spanish") cinco de mayo means "5 of mayo." i believe this day has something to do with getting five squirts of mayonaise on a sandwich. which i think is gross. i hate mayonaise. we shouldn't have a day celebrating that.

mayo is also the name of a clinic in rochester, minnesota where scientists and robots work together to figure out what makes people sick. so maybe today is about five robot-scientists who are making the world a healthier place. but a lot of times, robots turn evil and then kill people. which is bad for their health. which defeats the purpose of the mayo clinic. so we shouldn't celebrate that either.

mayo is also the name of a county in ireland where my mom's family comes from. so, in a way, i am "de mayo" and i am my mother's fifth child. so that makes me numero cinco. so i guess, technically, i am cinco de mayo. today is my day. hooray for me.

1 comment:

KK said...

oh my god, you are so weird, i can't stop laughing.